Rank Up System is the system that allows monsters to become stronger.
An individual's strength is measured by levels, with the max being 100. The growth Monsters can attain through leveling is much lower than that of a Human through their Jobs System. However, when Monsters reach level 100 they can "Rank Up" to a higher species, giving them an incredible boost in stats. Furthermore, specialties that the individual Monsters demonstrated prior to Rank Up, or conditions they might have cleared, may influence what type of monster they evolve into. It is even possible for a Monster to reach level 100 and be incapable of leveling up since it has not fulfilled all the conditions.
An example of Rank Up would be E, who as a Hobgoblin, demonstrated proficient skill in mining and Ranked Up into a Half Earth Lord. Occasionally, the Monsters receive [Blessings], [Divine Protection] or other mutations, making them either [Variants], [Subspecies] or [Rare Species] of their kind.
- Goblin → Hobgoblin →
- Dhampir → Vampire Noble → Ice Blood True Vampire
- Dodomeki → Kukimeki → Kugionihime
- Ghoul →
- Half Spell Lord → Spell Lord → Spiritian Queen
- Half Blood Lord → Blood Lord → Blood Raid Empress
- Half Earth Lord → Earth Lord → Hell Demon King
- Half Fire Lord → Fire Lord → Blaze Lord
- Half Gale Lord → Gale Lord → Storm Lord
- Half Illusion Lord → Illusion Lord → Vision Lord
- Half Saint Lord → Saint Lord → Sereneness King
- Half Smith Lord
- Half Ice Lord
- Half Lord → Lord
- Ogre →
- They're able to use defensive and restorative magic and abilities.
- Basically means they're able to use magic...this includes Ogre Mages, Hobgoblin Mages, etc. For Hobgoblins who practice magic, becoming Ogres is not a popular route.
- Although the probability is lower, mage-type monsters are races that advance on routes specialized in using magic.
- They often become Half Spell Lords, instead. This specialization comes at the cost of lower physical abilities than other lord types, but magic is in the first place a technique to one-sidely torment the enemy from a distance.
- Half in front of a race’s name means that it had inferior overall specs compared to the true species. And the next time they rank up they will officially become the species.
- They've gained the ability to tame a monster and turn it into their pet (so, something similar to how Rou makes familiars, most likely). See Day 121 for when they're first introduced.
- Shamans can increase the speed of, and give [Light Resistance] to the undead races, so they can last even longer. It is very convenient because now they can be used for an even wider variety of tasks.
- They're also able to control undead to an extent. At the very least they can control and sense spirits. Day 71, Day 74, and Day 86 give more information about them.
- Hind Bear = Red Bear (Variant) →